Planning a highly effective recruitment strategy for your dermatology practice isn’t a quick and easy process. However, if you want your practice to be successful in dermatology’s highly competitive market, implementing a comprehensive recruitment strategy is essential.
Components of a Successful Recruitment Strategy
Below you’ll find key components needed to create a recruitment strategy that draws top talent to your door. Consider how your practice might include and implement these points into your comprehensive strategy.
- Compensation and benefits. Are you offering competitive compensation and benefits packages that prove you value your providers?
- Clinic culture. Does your practice promote a culture of collaboration and growth? What values does your practice hold dear? Do you offer an ideal work-life balance or ample schedule flexibility? Be sure to include these (honestly!) in job ads and interview discussions.
- Branding and reputation. Are you putting your best foot forward in terms of your website and social media presence? What themes appear in online patient reviews? Are your personal social media profiles polished and professional? Your brand and reputation is often a candidate’s first impression. Make sure it’s a good one!
- Meeting candidates where they are. Do you attend annual dermatology meetings and conferences? Are you actively building relationships with cross-discipline colleagues that could refer excellent candidates to you?
- Prioritizing efficiency and clinical support. In a 2020 survey, 16% of dermatologists said working with electronic medical records was one of their biggest challenges. Ensuring your physicians are well-supported clinically and administratively can go a long way.
- Involving your current employees. Ask reliable physicians and advanced practice providers already working for you to be involved in interviews and meetings with potential candidates. These people know your practice’s workflow and processes. And they can provide valuable input on who would make a good fit so you can avoid hiring the wrong candidate.
Unfortunately, there’s no quick fix to planning a highly effective recruitment strategy. It will require careful planning and time. But putting in the effort is guaranteed to serve your practice’s long-term candidate sourcing needs—and that’s truly invaluable!
At myDermRecruiter, we are more than a recruitment firm. We are consultants with years of dedicated experience in dermatology. And we are a contingency recruitment firm, meaning you don’t pay for our services until we’ve placed a provider with you—truly a no-brainer partnership!
Contact us today if you’re interested in partnering with a team of dermatology recruitment experts who can provide immeasurable value to your practice’s recruitment efforts!